Code of Ethics
Professional Code of Ethics for Members of NLP Global Standards Association
- I will do my best to model and integrate the presuppositions of NLP
- I will do my best to conduct business in the marketplace in a truthful, honest manner, always seeking a “win-win” for all parties
- I will advertise myself in an honest, forthright manner and will not make claims about myself which are not true
- I will only advertise myself as a member of an organization or association if I belong to the organization or association and have paid my association fees or dues
- I will protect the confidentiality of my clients, unless it is legally imperative that I make a disclosure or have been given written permission to do so. If I find myself in a therapy situation, in which I clearly do not have the skills appropriate for the situation, I will bring closure to the situation and make an appropriate referral
- I will only post to the “Member News” maximum of once per week so not to flood the membership with my submissions only and allowing other members fair and equal exposure
- I will do my best to support other members of this association
- Before I post any comments or connect with other members I will follow these simply rules: THINK
T – is it true?
H – is it helpful?
I – is it inspiring?
N – is it necessary?
K – is it kind?
NOTE: Remember the NLP Presupposition: Respect each person’s model of the world. You do not have to agree with their model but respecting it and following the simple rules for THINK is require as a member of this association. Failure to follow the simply rules of this association will give reason for the administrator to disable your account and your membership will be cancelled.